Authors who are interested in forming or have formed a publishing company to publish their own books and/or Independent Publishers who publish other authors’ titles can join as a NEW General Member. RENEW your General Membership here.
- Monthly meetings – FREE entry to all of CIPA’s monthly 4-hour meetings (NEW!)—Our 4-hour monthly meeting programs, September through May, include presentations and/or panels of publishing industry professionals sharing important guidance to jump start and provide direction for your writing, publishing, or book sales efforts. You’ll meet and learn from fellow authors and publishers as well as industry service providers at Colorado’s preeminent nonprofit independent publishing organization. With your annual membership you’re welcome to attend ALL eight monthly meetings with no meeting fee!
- Advice from Experts—Each monthly meeting includes multiple pre-announced roundtable topics hosted by experts. Expert roundtable hosts help to answer your most pressing questions, and provide solutions to challenges.
- CIPA Online Webinars and Guided Discussions are offered free of charge throughout the year to supplement monthly meetings with specific information aimed to meet our members’ needs and interests.
- Member Discounts for the Annual CIPA EVVY Awards and CIPA Store Merchandise—Members receive a discount for each submission in our annual CIPA EVVY Book Awards competition and a 20% discount on all CIPA Store Merchandise excluding meeting registration and award stickers.
- Access to Service Provider Members at monthly meetings and through the CIPA Member Services Directory. Enjoy face-to-face conversations at meetings or schedule time to speak with experienced professionals in editing, illustration, copyright, book design, websites, ebooks, audiobooks, marketing, publicity, offset and digital printing, and more.
- Trade Show Opportunities—CIPA membership provides low-cost opportunities to have a presence at regional and national industry trade shows & conferences such as the Mountains and Plains Independent Booksellers Association (MPIBA) Fall Discovery Show, Colorado Association of Libraries (CAL), International New Age Trade Show (INATS) and others.
- Participate, Connect, Be Seen and Become Known through CIPA’s ongoing events and activities within the community. CIPA’s 501 c 3 Education and Literacy Foundation (CIPA ELF) offers opportunities to volunteer as a Visiting Author or assist with the Young Author’s League, Senior Storytelling, Book Benefit, and Classroom Literacy Support programs as well as the CIPA EVVY Awards.
- New & Renewing Members, on or after June 4, 2018, Receive a Complimentary Copy of Copyright Clearance for Creatives ($30 Value) -CIPA members receive a copy of Copyright Clearance for Creatives to help them navigate through necessary copyright protection and intellectual property law including permissions, licenses, fair use, and much more to help ensure our members professionally publish without costly mistakes!
- A Complimentary Subscription to Foreword Reviews magazine ($30 Value).
- Network with Your Peers—Meet and greet like-minded writers, authors, publishers and industry professionals and make valuable connections. Publishing is a business of what and WHO you know! CIPA is THE place in Colorado to meet the movers and shakers in the biz.
- FREE Marketing for your book by submitting your news to the CIPA Signature blog, which is distributed to members and non-members alike and has over 2,200 followers! Are you on Twitter? Tag @CIPABooks in your tweet so we can retweet and boost! Then announce your book signing via the CIPA Signature and CIPA’s Facebook page and group.