This SATURDAY (April 18th, 2020) Join Us VIRTUALLY and Learn How to Market and Sell Indie Published books to Independent Bookstores
Register now as we have limited seats and they are going fast!
Indie to Indie: Marketing and Selling Indie Published Books to Independent Bookstores
Heather Duncan, Executive Director of the Mountains and Plains Independent Booksellers Association and Arsen Kashkashian, Lead Buyer and General Manager of the Boulder Book Store, will share how independent publishers can best pique the interest of independent bookstores, create events around their books and successfully drive potential buyers to stores to ask for and buy their books. They will also impart words of wisdom on how to work most effectively with the store owners and staff as well as inform attendees on what indie bookstores look for when they’re considering carrying/buying an indie-published book. They’ll also share some indie-published book success stories and provide examples that sold well and why.
The meeting start promptly 9 a.m. Please login in 5-10 minutes prior to check your equipment.
Stay tuned for more information on our May 16th meeting presented by author Stephen Coonts.
From Takeoff to Landing on the NY Times Bestseller List: Author Stephen Coonts Shares His Successful Journey.
Details to be announced soon.
April 2020 Signature Contents
Notes from CIPA:
CIPA Member News:
- Maria Giura – announces her new book, a memoir, Celibate
- Alma Bond – shares her recently published book
- Daniel Willis – is releasing a collection of short stories
- Linda Osmundson – her latest book details dementia through a child’s view
- Timothy Hall – his new book is a memoir about growing up in the golden age of old cars and drag racing
- Sarah Sommer – launched her first children’s book
- Allan Ferguson – recently conducted a virtual seminar for employees of the Colorado Department of Transportation
- Sunny Weber – received glowing professional reviews for her second and third children’s books
Video Marketing Tips from Ingrid Pyka
Do you want to Submit a Piece for a Future Edition of the CIPA Signature?
Visit our Submissions page for more details and the form to send us your news or article!
The views expressed herein are not those of Colorado Independent Publishers Association, its officers or directors. They are solely and completely those of the author. The Colorado Independent Publishers Association will not be held liable for any legal action resulting from information published in this newsletter, and the organization’s insurance will not cover any such action.