Creating Your Marketing Platform: The Art of Pre-Publication Publicity
As authors, we too often worry about writing and publishing our book and then worry about the marketing part.
The truth is, the really successful authors know the importance of pre-publication marketing and publicity. They get that they have to create a marketing platform long before the book is produced and presented to the marketplace.
On Saturday, October 22, 2011, CIPA brings to you two dynamic speakers who are going to help give you usable tips and hands-on training.
NEW FORMAT! Because we have so much information to share with you, we’re going to alternate our Roundtable format with a Discussion Topic format for this meeting.
Pre-Pub Part 1: Talking to your Buying Public
Presented by Deanne McDonald, Managing Partner, Exec Tech Colorado
One of the biggest mistakes people make is thinking they know what their buyers want. The only way you can really know what your audience wants is by asking them! But before you can ask them, you need to find them.
In this interactive, hands-on discussion, you are going to get:
- Out-of-the box ways of finding your audience.
- Practical tips on how to find out how readers feel about the subject of your book. Are they angry, mildly interested, wildly enthusiastic? Somewhere in between?
- Ways to develop questions that you can use both in formal and informal surveys.
- What to do with the information you’ve learned from your survey.
Pre-Pub Part 2: 18 Marketing Tactics for Authors
Presented by Don Cooper, The Sales Heretic™
Effective marketing is vital to any author’s success. No matter how good your book is, if you can’t market it, it won’t sell.
In this fast-paced session, Don will share 18 budget-friendly ways to market your book, concentrating on before-launch strategies, but stuff you can also use during and after your book is out.
- The single biggest marketing mistake most authors make.
- What you need to do before you even START marketing.
- How to leverage the power of social media.
- The one marketing strategy you DON’T want to use.
- How to get other people to do your marketing for you.
- And much MORE!
Two Great Presentations
One Low Price!
(Members Sign In for Member Discounts)